Conditions of event entry terms
Please read our statement on how the lifting of COVID-19 restrictions affects the event and your attendance.
As the UK Government lifts COVID-19restrictions we expect the dotdigital summer shindig to take place on 9th September like any normal event, without social distancing measures and mandatory face masks.
However, to make everyone feel as comfortable as possible we are operating well within the legal capacity of the venue and the venue has indoor and outdoor space. So, there is plenty of space to social distance if you wish.
We will also operate a ‘green, amber and red’ wrist band system which indicates how comfortable you are with social distancing, and therefore make others aware to give you space if you wish. Also, hand sanitisers will be available around the venue.
In addition, we may also put some simple measures in place such as:
- checking your temperature on arrival;
- requesting to see evidence of a negative COVID-19 test result in the 48 hrs prior to the event and/or that you have been fully vaccinated;
- asking you to self-declare that you have had a negative result in the last 48 hrs, have no suspected symptoms of COVID-19 or come into contact with anyone with suspected symptoms of COVID-19;
- asking you to check in on the NHS Covid app. You can get the NHS Covid app on Android+ iOS.
If restrictions are in place what happens?
In the unlikely case that the UK Government re-imposes some Covid-19 restrictions we would like you to be aware that the event may look a little different. Dependant on the government restrictions at the time we may put the below measures in place:
- Mandatory face coverings in all internal spaces may be required. You will not need to wear a face covering once sat at a table under the canopy or uncovered areas.
- Wherever possible you will be required to keep a distance of 2m from others. Venue signage will help assist with this.
- You must check in on the NHS Covid app. You can get the NHS Covid app on Android + iOS.
- We will operate temperature checks on arrival
- We would ask you to take a lateral flow test before the event + register the result on the NHS app. You can pick up lateral flow tests free of charge at your local pharmacy or order them online. If you do take a test, you should log it on the NHS mobile app.
- We will ask you to self-declare that you have had a negative result in the last 48 hrs, have no suspected symptoms of COVID-19or come into contact with anyone with suspected symptoms of COVID-19.
Terms of entry
When attending the dotdigital summer shindig, the attendee assumes the risk of suffering an illness or fatality related to COVID-19 as a result of their attendance at event, and agrees (on their own behalf, and on behalf of their estate, heirs, successors and assigns) The event organiser shall bear no liability in respect of any such illness or fatality unless it is proven that the illness or fatality was suffered as a result of the wilful misconduct or gross negligence of the event organiser. No attendee will bring any claim that is inconsistent with this paragraph.
If you feel unwell or have any signs of COVID-19 symptoms you must follow the government guidelines and please cancel your ticket here by contacting email@example.com or cancel via your confirmation email.
Thank you for the support we’ve had from, agencies, attendees, speakers and sponsors to make the event happen. We can’t wait to bring the industry together and celebrate on the 9th September!
You can find more information about the rules on the UK government website
Following government guidelines to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19, it is not possible to eliminate that risk entirely.