AIM & PURPOSE
We have defined our commitment to environmental best practice through alignment with ISO 14001 and by implementing an Integrated Management System (IMS); which ensures that Dotdigital takes a risk-based approach to determining the significant aspects and impacts that have the potential to affect the physical environment in which it operates. The IMS has been designed to address the legal and other requirements identified and listed in our Legislation Register.
Our commitment to continual improvement and overall IMS effectiveness and is achieved through a number of channels to include understanding the risks and opportunities linked to Dotdigital that may impact the environment; implementing determined mitigating controls including policies, processes, procedures and supplier management; and by ensuring environmental awareness activities are undertaken with relevant interested parties to reinforce these controls. By managing these channels in ways that stakeholders would expect, enables Dotdigital to continue to drive future environmental benefits to our business.
These controls are continually monitored, reviewed, and improved to ensure that specific environmental and business objectives are met. This is operated in conjunction with other business management processes and incorporates the applicable statutory and contractual requirements. Objectives have been defined primarily through the SWOT and PESTLE, although some may come from the aspect and impact assessments and the Management Review process. They are designed to drive the management system forward and bring about continual improvement.
To ensure environmental best practice, we will commit to:
- Conducting our business responsibly, ensuring protection of the environment and prevention of pollution
- Promoting sustainability through our activities and where possible through our supply chain
- Promoting positive environmental behaviours and enhancement of our environmental performance
We operate a programme of environmental awareness and compliance through company inductions, training and internal audits.
All our employees are empowered to identify any potential environmental weaknesses and/or events these and report through the appropriate management channels.
A robust system is in place to continually improve the environmental controls by:
- Taking account of changes to our business requirements and priorities;
- Considering and acting upon any new risks or opportunities that may impact the business from an environmental perspective positively or negatively;
- Reviewing the effectiveness of the IMS through internal audits and ongoing management review process.
The overall intent of our management system is to give customers and all other interested parties confidence in our ability to improve our environmental performance.